Sunday, February 9, 2014

Life without glasses

I am writing this post without wearing contact lenses or glasses. My vision is a bit blurry still, but I am able to see better than ever. If anyone has ever felt like that their glasses are an obstacle I can only recommend this operation. I am going to write a sort overview of how I perceived it and hopefully more and more people will have the courage to go for it.

I flew home on Wednesday last week and had an appointment at Terveystalo Tampere for the pre-examinations on Thursday. After few hours of different eye related tests I was approved for the operation which was scheduled for the next morning. 

I have to admit I was a tiny bit tense the night before and it took some time to fall asleep. Operation rooms as such are not that unfamiliar to me but this felt somehow different. Luckily the staff at Terveystalo was really professional and helpful. I was explained all the steps and felt confident when stepping into the operation room. The surgery itself is extremely quick: all-in-all approx. 10mins per eye. Throughout the operation I felt uncomfortable about 20 seconds per eye which is not a bad trade-off for what awaits the next morning. I sincerely want to thank all the staff members and my doctor Mr. Tero Pajari for all the effort and expertise. 

I had some problems with my right eye now a week after and really appreciated the fact that I could call Tero and ask if there was something to be worried about.

I am really looking forward for next weekend and getting back to skis. Hopefully there is some snow left from the huge dump Austria had this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment