Saturday, April 5, 2014

Towards the summer!

It has been so warm lately that skiing seems like a distant part of my life. For some reason I am not fully capable of enjoying the stoke of skiing anymore. My brain has completely switched to the summer mode. Only this week I have been running, biking and climbing multiple times and I have to say that I love it. Normally April does what ever April wants, but maybe because of the shitty winter, this year it has been simply beautiful.

 I am slowly trying to lose some weight and destroy the weight gained during the winter. The fact that we didn't tour at all this season is clearly visible around my belly. I have never been a runner but during this spring I have started liking it more and more. I am not the fastest guy around the block but I am slowly getting better. Running is another challenge that I just have to conquer. Currently 10km/h is pretty much what I can do. I am really interest to see if I can improve during the summer! (My run from thursday: http://www.strava.com/activities/126793626 )


The same story is valid for biking. I have always enjoyed biking uphill as long as possible. I started the habit when I was living in St. Anton and started this summer by heading up to Patscherkofel. Sadly I wasn't able to peak it as snow blocked my way around 1500 meters - 500 height meters short. Was a cool 1000 meter elevation. I still have a long way to go with the speed I am able to maintain on these uphills but hey... "kukaan ei ole seppä syntyessään" - No one can be an expected to be an expert at something before they have got the chance to practice it. Strava is a interesting app and I am sure that I will try to beat my time on the uphill segments during the coming summer! ( http://www.strava.com/activities/125852844 )

Too much snow to continue higher!
View down to Innsbruck from the routes down from Igls
I have been hyping about climbing in previous posts and it seems the stoke is not going anywhere. Me and Rupi have been climbing as much as possible and every single time has been awesome. Lately, I have been forcing myself to lead climb as much as possible. I love the mental pressure leading adds to the sport. There are various cool routes around Innsbruck and the fact that by improving I will be able to climb more and more routes is fascinating. This Saturday we walked a long approach to this beautiful climbing spot in Zirl. We were the only two climbing and had the change to enjoy the best conditions I have ever met! I am slowly getting there!


Approaching the spot. There are climbing routes on both sides of the stream!

Rupi climbing!



No comments:

Post a Comment