Saturday, December 7, 2013

Skiing in the Dark!

It is ridiculous how quickly I lose interest in skiing if the snow is bad. This time it happened in Obergurgl: After the first run on the concrete packed snow I was ready to quit. "I will go to sleep in the car - this sucks." Luckily my skiing partners were able to convince me to continue for few more runs. It is kind of scary that I am already so spoiled even before the real winter...


In the end, we were able to find few excellent runs! Skiing untracked snow under the sun is something different. The bluebird does somehow enhance the experience of skiing. Doing few good in perfect light turned were able to cheer me up to another level! What caught me off-guard was the amount of sharks hidden under the first layer of snow. My skis took a real beating: The another ski lost 3cm*20cm are of base... Time for another day in the workshop.



Few days after Obergurgl I was playing around with my computer when Rupi suggested if we should go for a night tour. After few seconds of processing and stressing up I was picked up Rupi and we were heading to Axamer Lizum. 


It was DARK and I mean dark but so beautiful. The whole sensation was something I haven't had for such a long time: Absolute silence, clear skies and stars sparkling. The experience sucks all the negative energy out and leaves you in a peaceful state of mind. This is what I miss from living back in Northern-Finland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment